I recently discover new or old books to help you become a better person and understand yourself. I will update this list as soon as I will discover you books. But until I will discover them post your suggestions and the books you’ve read below in a comment. Let’s become better people together. And here’s my list, I also put a link to Amazon to every book listed (just click the title of the book), so if you like it you can buy it and get ready for the new you: 😉
- The Chimp Paradox: The Mind Management Programme to Help You Achieve Success, Confidence and Happiness by Dr. Steve Peters – The Chimp Paradox is an incredibly powerful mind management model that can help you become a happy, confident, healthier and more successful person. Prof Steve Peters explains the struggle that takes place within your mind and then shows how to apply this understanding to every area of your life so you can:Recognise how your mind is working,Understand and manage your emotions and thoughts, Manage yourself and become the person you would like to be.
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie – Millions of people around the world have improved their lives based on the teachings of Dale Carnegie. In How to Win Friends and Influence People, he offers practical advice and techniques, in his exuberant and conversational style, for how to get out of a mental rut and make life more rewarding.
His advice has stood the test of time and will teach you how to: make friends quickly and easily, increase your popularity, persuade people to follow your way of thinking, enable you to win new clients and customers, become a better speaker, boost enthusiasm among your colleagues. This classic book will turn your relationships around and improve your interactions with everyone in your life.
- Awaken The Giant Within: How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical and Financial Life by Tony Robbins – Are you in charge of your life? Or are you being swept away by things that are seemingly out of your control? In AWAKEN THE GIANT WITHIN, Anthony Robbins, the bestselling author of UNLIMITED POWER, shows the reader how to take immediate control of their mental, emotional, physical and financial destiny.
- You are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero – YOU ARE A BADASS IS THE SELF-HELP BOOK FOR PEOPLE WHO DESPERATELY WANT TO IMPROVE THEIR LIVES BUT DON’T WANT TO GET BUSTED DOING IT. In this refreshingly entertaining how-to guide, bestselling author and world-traveling success coach, Jen Sincero, serves up 27 bitesized chapters full of hilariously inspiring stories, sage advice, easy exercises, and the occasional swear word, helping you to: Identify and change the self-sabotaging beliefs and behaviours that stop you from getting what you want, Create a life you totally love. And create it NOW, Make some damn money already. The kind you’ve never made before. By the end of You Are a Badass, you’ll understand why you are how you are, how to love what you can’t change, how to change what you don’t love, and how to use The Force to kick some serious ass.
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill – Think and grow rich is the most important financial book ever written. Napoleon Hill researched more than forty millionaires to find out what made them the men that they were. In this book he imparts that knowledge to you. Once you’ve read this book you will understand what gives certain people an edge over everyone else. By following the advice laid out clearly in this book you’ll be the one with an edge. It’s time to stop wondering what it’s like to be rich and start knowing. This book will change your life!
- The Universe Has Your Back by Gabrielle Bernstein – “My commitment with this book is to wake up as many people as possible to their connection to faith and joy. In that connection, we can be guided to our true purpose: to be love and spread love. These words can no longer be cute buzz phrases that we merely post on social media. Rather, these words must be our mission. The happiness, safety and security we long for lies in our commitment to love.”
- Meditation For Dummies (For Dummies (Religion & Spirituality)) 4th Edition by Stephan Bodian – Take an inward journey for a happier, healthier life. |3rd Edition with CD|
- The Productivity Project: Proven Ways to Become More Awesome by Chris Bailey -This book is the result of Chris’s year-long journey, distilling the lessons he learned into a few core truths about how we get things done (or, indeed, don’t). Among the many counterintuitive insights Chris discovered that had the biggest impact on his productivity were striving for imperfection; scheduling less time for important tasks; the 20 second rule to distract yourself from distractions; and the concept of productive procrastination.In this accessible and fun guide, Chris Bailey offers over 30 tried-and-tested best practices that will help everyone to accomplish more – and become more awesome.
- What I Know for Sure by Oprah Winfrey – Now, for the first time, these thoughtful gems have been revised, updated, and collected in What I Know For Sure, a beautiful book with a ribbon marker, packed with insight and revelation from Oprah Winfrey. Organized by theme – joy, resilience, connection, gratitude, possibility, awe, clarity, and power – these essays offer a rare, powerful and intimate glimpse into the heart and mind of one of the world’s most extraordinary women, while providing readers a guide to becoming their best selves.Candid, moving, exhilarating, uplifting, and frequently humorous, the words Oprah shares in What I Know For Sure shimmer with the sort of truth that readers will turn to again and again.
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brené Brown – In The Gifts of Imperfection, Brené Brown, Ph.D., a leading expert on shame, authenticity and belonging, shares what she’s learned from a decade of research on the power of “Wholehearted Living” – a way of engaging with the world from a place of worthiness.
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne – In this book, you’ll learn how to use The Secret in every aspect of your life—money, health, relationships, happiness, and in every interaction you have in the world. You’ll begin to understand the hidden, untapped power that’s within you, and this revelation can bring joy to every aspect of your life.
The Secret contains wisdom from modern-day teachers—men and women who have used it to achieve health, wealth, and happiness. By applying the knowledge of The Secret, they bring to light compelling stories of eradicating disease, acquiring massive wealth, overcoming obstacles, and achieving what many would regard as impossible.
- Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway: How to Turn Your Fear and Indecision into Confidence and Action by Susan Jeffers – Internationally renowned author Susan Jeffers has helped millions of people overcome their fears and heal the pain in their lives with her simple but profound advice. Whatever your anxieties, Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway® will give you the insight and tools to vastly improve your ability to handle any given situation. You will learn to live your life the way you want – so you can move from a place of pain, paralysis, depression and indecision to one of power, energy, enthusiasm and action.
An empowering and life-affirming book, Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway will help you triumph over your fears and move forward with your life.
- The Little Book of the Mind by Emma Mansfield – The Little Book of the Mind is a colourful, informative and easy to read A-Z of emotional health and wellbeing. From anxiety to assertiveness, depression to dopamine, empathy to extroverts and serotonin to sexuality. The book is written in an accessible and light-hearted style, a positive and inspirational read if you want to get to know yourself better, understand why we do what we do and what therapies and treatments are available to us if we want to improve our state of mind or are experiencing emotional or psychological distress.
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert – The instant #1 NEW YORK TIMES Bestseller. Named a Hot Fall Read by USA Today, Vanity Fair, Newsday, O Magazine, the Seattle Times, Minneapolis Star-Tribune, Mashable, Pop Sugar, and the San Antonio Express-News. Named a Best Book of the Year by Brainpickings and Book Riot. “A must read for anyone hoping to live a creative life… I dare you not to be inspired to be brave, to be free, and to be curious.”- PopSugar. From the worldwide bestselling author of Eat Pray Love the path to the vibrant, fulfilling life you ve dreamed of.
- INTEGRATIVE NUTRITION by ROSENTHAL J. – There is no one-size-fits-all diet.
Fad diets all promise miraculous results for your outward appearance yet people continue to eat poorly, gain weight and depend on medications and operations to maintain their health. It’s time for a reality check: there is no one-size-fits-all diet. Learn the secrets of intuitive eating and start building a new relationship with your body. Integrative Nutrition is loaded with valuable insights into nutritional theories, simple ways to nurture your body and holistic approaches to maximize health. Integrative Nutrition offers a play-by-play for proper nutrition and personal growth, and is packed with delicious, easy-to-follow recipes.
- Holistic Anatomy: An Integrative Guide to the Human Body by Pip Waller- Complementary and alternative approaches to health and medicine have become increasingly widespread as the limits of conventional treatments become more apparent. “Holistic” “Anatomy “presents an authoritative study of anatomy, physiology, and pathology but expands the discussion by connecting the science of the body to a variety of alternative modalities to explore how human beings exist within and interact with their environment, and how they experience existence in emotional and spiritual terms. Basic scientific terminology and detailed descriptions are interwoven with informal, sometimes humorous observations, facts, and ideas about life. The mechanisms, structure, and functions of the body are explored, along with how they relate to spiritual and energetic paradigms, emotions, and ecological principles. The first half of the book covers basic anatomy and physiology, describing each major system of the body and how they interrelate. This part includes a thoughtful discussion of aging and the dying process. The second half focuses on models of health and disease, both traditional and holistic. Topics include western pathology, emotional health, five element medicine, and the spiritual cause for disease.”
- The Soul Searcher’s Handbook: A Modern Girl’s Guide to the New Age World by Emma Mildon – From aromatherapy and numerology to healing crystals and meditation, this fun and sassy guide to everything mind, body, spirit defines New Age practices for a new generation.
With something for every type of spiritual seeker,The Soul Searcher’s Handbook offers easy tips, tricks, and how-tos for incorporating everything from dreamology and astrology to mysticism and alternative healing into your everyday life. This handbook is your #1 go-to guide-handy, accessible, entertaining, and packed with all the wisdom you need in one place.
Your destiny, gifted to you at birth, is waiting. So plug into the universe, dig your toes into the soil of Mother Earth, and open your soul to your full potential. Regardless of what you’re seeking,The Soul Searcher’s Handbook is your awakening to a more fulfilling and soulful life.
- The Four Agreements: Practical Guide to Personal Freedom (Toltec Wisdom) by Don Miguel Ruiz – Identifies four self-limiting beliefs that impede one’s experience of freedom, true happiness, and love.
- Find Your Happy Daily Mantras: 365 Days of Motivation for a Happy, Peaceful and Fulfilling Life. by Shannon Kaiser – Find Your Happy Daily Mantras provides 365 days of inspiration to cultivate more self-awareness, confidence and inner peace. A companion to the international bestselling book Find Your Happy, this is a must-have guide to make happiness and inner peace a habit. This book is more than a self-help guide. It is a tool for recovery, providing hope and a path to freedom from pain. Any recovery process requires a dedicated practice, and the wisdom contained in these pages will guide you to open your mind and heart to create a more purposeful, happy and healthy life. “Shannon Kaiser is an incredible woman on a mission to help people find peace, happiness and fulfillment in their lives. Her desire to serve others shines through all of her work” – Gabrielle Bernstein, New York Times bestselling author of Miracles Now
- 52 Small Changes for the Mind: Improve Memory * Minimize Stress * Increase Productivity * Boost Happiness by Brett Blumenthal – Small changes work. In this practical book, wellness expert Brett Blumenthal reveals how to hone in on the mind as the foundation of overall health and well-being. She presents one small, achievable change every week–from developing music appreciation to eating brain-boosting foods, practicing mono-tasking, incorporating play, and more. The accumulation of these lifestyle changes ultimately leads to improved memory, less stress, increased productivity, and sustained happiness. Backed by research from leading experts and full of helpful charts and worksheets, 52 Small Changes for the Mind provides a roadmap to a better life–and proves that the journey can be as rewarding as the destination.
- As a Man Thinketh by James Allen – Eminently quotable and full of practical advice for individuals who want to better themselves, As a Man Thinketh is an essential little volume published in 1902 which explains and promotes the direct connection between our thoughts and our happiness. Do you believe in the power of positive thinking — yet remain unclear as to how that power can be harnessed in your life? James Allen’s As a Man Thinketh explains and promotes the direct connection between what we think and the direction our lives take. Part of the New Thought Movement, Allen reveals the secrets to having the most fulfilling existence possible, and it’s easier than any of us could have imagined. You, too, can learn how to master the output of your brain in order to obtain the personal success of which you have always — until now — merely dreamed.
- Zen and the Art of Happiness by Chris Prentiss – The Zen of doing anything is doing it with a particular state of mind that brings the experience of enlightenment – and through that experience, happiness. In Zen and the Art of Happiness, you will learn how to think and feel so that what you think and feel creates happiness and vibrancy in your life rather than gloominess or depression. Cutting-edge science and spirituality tell us that what we believe, think and feel actually determine the makeup of our body at the cellular level. We all have a personal philosophy that influences our thoughts and feelings. It deals with what we have come to believe about the world, its people and its events – about how those events affect us and how we affect them. Whatever your personal philosophy is, it is completely responsible for your state of happiness and well-being because it determines how you respond to events that come into your life.
- The Crowd: A Study of the Popular Mind by Gustave Le Bon – One of the most influential works of social psychology in history, The Crowd was highly instrumental in creating this field of study by analyzing, in detail, mass behavior. The book had a profound impact not only on Freud but also on such twentieth-century masters of crowd control as Hitler and Mussolini — both of whom may have used its observations as a guide to stirring up popular passions. In the author’s words, “The masses have never thirsted after the truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.”
Although the volume focuses on crowd psychology, it is also brilliantly instructive on the effects of the generally accepted beliefs of a nation’s citizenry on the processes of history. Among the topics covered here are general characteristics and mental unity of the crowd; the crowd’s sentiments and morality; its ideas, reasoning power, and imagination; opinions and beliefs of crowds and the means used by leaders to persuade; classification of crowds, including criminal and electrical assemblages, as well as the functioning of criminal juries and parliamentary assemblies. Read my book review here.
I hope these books will help you in your process to your new life. Comment below and let me know what book have you bought from my list, what books had you read and what books should I add to my list. 🙂