Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
This easy and elegant dish is a wonderful replacement for a boring salad. Polenta, pecan-crusted goat cheese, and a quick vinaigrette bring a lot of flavor.
Yield: 1 serving
Good to Know: Rich in monounsaturated fats, CLAs, fiber, and oleic acid, this just might win the award for the most filling, slimming, and satisfying salad ever created. This Recipe Is Low Cholesterol.
- 4 ounces polenta in tube, cut into 3 (1/2-inch-thick) slices
- Cooking spray
- 1 ounce goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray polenta slices with cooking spray. Add to pan, and cook 5 minutes. Turn slices, and cook 5 minutes.
2. Shape goat cheese into a patty; coat with chopped pecans.
3. Combine juice, oil, and mustard in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk.
4. Arrange spinach and carrot on a plate. Top with polenta, pecan-crusted goat cheese, and dressing.
Photo by Jim Bathie
I’m better at eating than cooking , so all the recipes are from around the web. Also if you want me to write about something comment and soon you’ll see a post about your subject. Or simply comment and let me know what do you think about this recipe and how you do it. | Stay in touch with me on Tumblr Twitter Facebook and Instagram | For collaborations, sponsorships or business inquiries e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you want to see your recipe here just send it to email@example.com