These strips work as a cheaper alternative to the organic chewy treats sold in pet stores. They also break apart easily, so you can serve smaller pieces as training rewards. Fruits and vegetables are rich in vitamin C, which can help boost your dog’s immune system.
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 medium banana
- 1 cup carrots, minced
- 1/2 cup unsweetened organic applesauce
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour (white if your dog has allergies)
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1/3 cup of water
- Cook the sweet potato in the microwave for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the insides are soft. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mash the banana and sweet potato in a large mixing bowl with a hand masher until smooth. Add in the carrots, flour, and oats. Slowly add in the applesauce and water while mixing.
- The ingredients will form a soft dough. Roll the dough on to a lightly floured surface until the dough is 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut the dough into strips.
- Cook on a baking sheet for 25 minutes.
- Store leftover strips in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Pro Tip: Do not worry about overcooking the sweet potato. Softer potatoes will mash easier.
I’m better at eating than cooking , so all the recipes are from around the web. Also if you want me to write about something comment and soon you’ll see a post about your subject. Or simply comment and let me know what do you think about this recipe and how you do it. | Stay in touch with me on Tumblr | Twitter | Facebook and Instagram | For collaborations, sponsorships or business inquiries e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you want to see your recipe here just send it to email@example.com