Dogs love peanut butter, and these cookies are a great way to sneak some fish oil into your dog’s diet. Fish oil improves your dog’s coat, making it shiny, soft, and healthier.
Look for organic peanut butter at your grocery store. Many commercial brands of peanut butter have unhealthy hydrogenated oils and additives. Better yet, make your own peanut butter using raw peanuts and peanut oil, and processing the mixture in your food processor.
- 2 cups of flour (white or wheat, if your pup has no wheat allergies)
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1/3 cup of smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/2 tablespoon of fish oil
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the flour and oats together in a large mixing bowl. Pour in one cup of water and blend until smooth. Add in the peanut butter, honey, and fish oil and mix until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Slowly add the water until the mixture has a thick and doughy consistency.
- Lightly flour a cooking surface. Roll the dough onto the cooking surface to create a 1/4 inch thick sheet.
- Use a cookie cutter to create shapes. Place the cookies onto a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before feeding.
Pro Tip: If the dough is too sticky to roll, slowly pad more flour onto the dough ball.
I’m better at eating than cooking , so all the recipes are from around the web. Also if you want me to write about something comment and soon you’ll see a post about your subject. Or simply comment and let me know what do you think about this recipe and how you do it. | Stay in touch with me on Tumblr | Twitter | Facebook and Instagram | For collaborations, sponsorships or business inquiries e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you want to see your recipe here just send it to email@example.com